What are Project management software and how they influence the business growth? Find out 5 awesome project management tools along with features and pricing for your business, for 2021!
"Project management is like juggling three balls: time, cost, and quality. Program management is like a troupe of circus performers standing in a circle, each juggling three balls and swapping balls from time to time." G. Reiss
Project management software enhances project managers' lives by giving them opportunities to manage, observe and complete their projects in a given fixed tenure.
As deadlines approach, budgets become tighter, and the tasks' difficulties get increased day by day. Completing a project within a fixed tenure becomes a strenuous task.
However, in today's digital age, some project management tools have been designed that make the project manager's job much more comfortable. So, let's follow this blog to know about the "5 Top Project Management Software for New Age businesses in 2021" to make your life easier.
What is Project Management Software? Why is it important for businesses?
A project management tool helps the project managers and teams to collaborate and achieve objectives on time while managing resources and costs. Features can include time tracking, task allocation, budgeting, team collaboration, resource planning, and more. Project management software is also known as task management software or CRM Project Management Software.
Due to the complexity of large projects, task management has become increasingly complex over the last decade. It often results in late completion, over budget, and a lower ROI than expected.
Benefits of Project Management Software
The benefits of the software discussed below:
- Project planning - Easily plan the projects based on history.
- Tracking project progress - Alerting the right people when things go off track.
- Time management and Scheduling- Being able to record work items easily and consider people's working hours.
- Work Allocation - Making sure people are working on the right things at the right time.
- Project budgets, including people costs- Keep real-time control of time and also of the allocated account.
- Communication and Collaboration - Easily post comments and concerns and communicate with external stakeholders while maintaining a complete historical record of all actions.
- Documentation and Archiving - Easily document requirements, specifications directly or through archives.
5 Top Project Management Software
Here's a brief description of 5 top project management tools for companies.
Invoicera enables you to prioritize and organize your projects. It helps to create client lists, manage reports, and project growths under a single roof. Invoicera provides its service to over 3 million Small & enterprise businesses worldwide for more than 13 years. I found this software with the best GUI & user-friendly interface to manage Custom billing, Invoicing, Time tracking, Expense Management, etc.
- Projects with assigned tasks and deadlines
- Real-time Key Performance Indicator dashboard
- Shared meeting scheduling & team calendar
- Contact management
- Time tracking and billing to complete work on time.
- Detailed reports on project progress & finances
- Invoicing and quoting with pre-set templates
- It also helps users integrate with existing legacy systems and customize the billing/Invoicing process as per business needs.
Pricing: $15 for 100 Active clients, $29 for 1000 Active clients, $149 unlimited clients.
Jira is a well-known agile Project Management Software used by IT teams to track, plan and release software. It is a popular tool specifically designed and used by agile teams. In addition to planning sprints, creating stories, tracking issues & shipping updated software, users also generate reports that help working groups improve and build their workflows. Each team has a unique process for shipping software. Use a pre-configured workflow or create one that fits the way your team works.
- The ability to plan agile work with Customizable workflows.
- Fully customizable Scrum, Kanban, and Scrumban boards
- The ability to estimate the project timing
- It comes with advanced administration and security
- Customizable workflows to better manage your frameworks
Pricing: Cloud standard- $7 per user/month, Cloud Premium-$14 per user/month
3. Zoho project
Zoho Projects is a well-known tool for easy project management that can help teams streamline their upcoming work and tasks.
- Task lists to multiple tasks on one dashboard
- Time tracking and timesheets
- Gantt charts to monitor project progress
- Document and file management
- Provide essentials like Gantt charts and recurring tasks to manage work more efficiently.
Pricing: From $5 user/month
Asana combines project management elements, collaboration, and file storage and helps manage a team's projects without the email need. It helps to bring your team's projects together in one shared space. It provides an option to choose the project view that suits your needs & collaborate no matter where you are.
- Tasks and team management
- Project roadmaps with proper forecasting
- Team progress & Milestones
- Archiving and tracking of bug reports and sprints
- Project dashboards for quick overviews
Pricing: from $13 user/month
Basecamp is the tool of choice for thousands of project management teams, who enjoy its modern social media-like interface and carefree about team collaboration features. Basecamp doesn't charge per person, and it's free for students and teachers.
- Projects to manage the work of several users
- Noticeboards to discuss new projects or ideas
- Collaboration with the team
- Reports on project ongoing performance
- Separate dashboard to display to clients
- Desktop & Email notifications
- The report provides all the details about ongoing projects and who is working on them.
Pricing: Paid plans from $99/month
Above, we discussed the best project management tool & by using the above-listed project management tools, collaborative projects indeed become easier to manage. As a good project manager, you already know which project management software better for starting your next upcoming project charter. All the best with your projects, & will try to do it more efficiently by using these automated tools. Never lose hope because:
“The Pessimist Sees Difficulty In Every Opportunity. The Optimist Sees Opportunity In Every Difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
Finding the right software is very easy. Just take the time to try 2 to 4 software before making a final decision. After going through each software's pros and cons, make a better decision that suits your work area.