Do you want to know which one of these is best? Or which one can be best for your application development project? Let’s take an in-depth look at both programming languages.
Both languages have their own features, functionality, and syntax that pertain to no similarity. Here are some major key differences that categories these languages into the server-side and client-side facility.
Altogether, it is critical to know that programmers have to learn these languages to develop a program, and you need to hire expert Java developers skilled in rendering full java capacity to create an enterprise-level web application.
- It is an Object-Oriented Programming developed by James Gosling of Sun Microsystem, and Oracle acquired it later.
- As a standalone language, its code gets executed on JVM (Java Virtual Machines), which is first compiled into byte-ode and then saved with Java extension.
- Strongly oriented-oriented, and you can’t write any code without creating a class.
- JDK kit installation is essential to write code in Java.
- It supports static code and enables static code checking.
- The source code is concealed, and code gets compiled into bytecode.
- This programming language is designed considering the security of code paramount.
- Java code is enabled higher concurrency due to the class typography that enables the use of concurrent threads.
- It is a client-side scripting programming language originally named as LiveScript and developed Netscape.
- It is a prototype-based scripting language.
- JS is based on a dynamic type of code checking.
- JS codes are easy to read as they include plain text. However, JS codes are less secured and require cross-site scripting to ensure code security.
- Concurrency relies on “event loops” that support async and await features in coding.
#1: Compiled Language Or Interpreted Language
Creation and execution in Java programs require a number of steps to be accomplished. In Java, compiled code converts into machine code, which runs faster than interpreted code. In Java programming, if you want to make any change, you need to “rebuild” the program.
Benefits Of Java
Java programming provides usage or threads that enable simultaneous task performance. In Java, codes compile into native code which executes and works faster by eradicating the overhead of the translation process.
IDEs and open source tools such as Eclipse and Netbeans are very popular that support desktop and web application development processes. Altogether, developers can use Java APIs as command and methods of communication for XML parsing, networking I/O, database connection, and more.
JS enables dynamic typing features and smaller executable program size. Moreover, it enables the development of a variety of applications and support transpilers such as TypeScript, Babel, CoffeeScript, and more.
If you want to create an application using these technologies, you should get in touch with a deft Java application development company that can suggest you the right technology stack for creating a mind-blowing application.
#3. Class Oriented Or Prototype
Java is a language where class rules the coding structure and creates a blueprint for the code to be executed. As Java holds a class-based relationship, ass properties include within the class and inherited by the class instance.
Here are some other aspects related to this feature.
Java enables the use of constructors.
Whereas JS utilises the chain of prototype to connect the child code. For this, it uses constructor.prototype.
#4: Static Or Dynamic Type Checking
Java enables programmers static type checking, which is highly recommended to find out the types of error in the application development. Moreover, the compiler knows the type of data in code; that’s why the programmer can code at a faster pace.
#5. Support Option
Moreover, both languages support prominent back-end development technologies such as JBoss, Apache, and Node.js. Altogether, they both support front-end development by enabling HTML code embedding and coding tactics.