A good mentor is always willing to share skills, knowledge and expertise. They always understand your fear and help you overcome them.
A mentor is a person or a friend who guides a less experienced person by building trust and modelling positive behaviours. An effective mentor understands that his or her role is to be dependable, engaged, authentic and turned into the needs of the centre.
The following are qualities of a good mentor
- He must demonstrate a positive attitude and act as a positive role model
- He must take personal interest in the mentoring relationship.
- He must exhibit enthusiasm and value ongoing learning and growth in the field of the mentee.
- He must help his mentee set and achieve proffesional goals. And finally
- He must motivate others by setting good examples always.
One needs a mentor for several reasons such as for counselling, experience sharing and so on
Your mentor is your best friend, who won't mislead you because your success proves his found the right job.
Written by. Ekeocha Vivienne