Your fireplace is more than just a set-up that keeps you warm on chilly nights. Even an HVAC can do that, and yet property owners keep gravitating towards fireplaces.
Your fireplace is more than just a set-up that keeps you warm on chilly nights. Even an HVAC can do that, and yet property owners keep gravitating towards fireplaces. It’s because fireplaces exude sophistication and décor charm unlike any other. You can plan the interior of your entire living room, drawing inspiration from a beautiful travertine fireplace with a rustic vent hood.
However, with such captivating aesthetics comes a certain responsibility for upkeep as well. The splendor lasts only if you keep the fireplace and the fireplace mantel surround well maintained and clean at all times. If you are not quite sure how to maintain a natural stone and cast stone fireplace, this article will be your ultimate guide.
Maintenance Tips for Natural Stone Fireplaces
- Natural stones like travertine, marble, limestone, and likewise, have a porous surface. Hence, if there is any kind of spillage, it demands immediate cleaning to prevent staining.
- A regular dusting and cleaning regimen is necessary for the fireplace, especially when it is actively used during the winters.
- If there is a spillage accident, then you can clean the surface with a soft cloth and lukewarm water.
- If it is a hard stain, then you can use one part mild soap with three parts water and rinse the area thoroughly and follow up by cleaning the place with normal water.
- You must avoid scrubbing or rubbing the surface as it might cause damage.
- Refrain from using any strong chemical cleanser with acidic and alkaline properties since it might react with the stone and cause permanent damage.
- Make sure that the fireplace is well ventilated to prevent staining of the mantel and, large fireplace surrounds from the smoke.
Maintenance Tips for Cast Stone Fireplaces
If you are on a budget, unable to afford an Italian fireplace, then cast stone fireplace makes for an affordable yet striking replica. Cast stone is engineered stone, manufactured to the liking of natural stone.
Just like marble, limestone, and travertine, a cast stone mantel shelf and fireplace need regular cleaning and dusting as well. The rules of maintenance are similar to natural stone fabrications. Things you should avoid while cleaning is:
- Rubbing the surface.
- Use of harsh cleaners.
- Scrubbing with rough fabric.
- Use of acid-based cleaners.
Follow the same maintenance routine as your natural stone fireplace to make the faux-stone sparkle.
Regular and appropriate care and maintenance of the fireplace, including its mantel surround and, vent keeps aesthetically pleasing and functional for many years. Otherwise, the soot, smoke, and grime keep forming layers over the surface, damaging it and diminishing the beauty. So, follow the tips and keep it clean and good as new for decades to come.
If you are looking for a classy and high-quality fabrication of travertine, cast-stone, or Italian and French fireplaces online, then Artisan Kraft is just the place. For years, they have been offering their services to homeowners and commercial establishments. They are the leading manufacturers and suppliers of exquisite natural stone and cast stone fireplaces, mantels, surrounds, along with other home fittings.