The windshield is one of the essential parts of the car, as it protects the vehicle from collapsing as well as from the rocks and other foreign debris. This is where the improper placement of the windshield during replacement of repair can cause harm to the driver and the passengers sitting inside the car.
The fitting of the windshield requires the professional to follow some steps and a procedure. This is one reason why taking the help of mobile glass installation service in Florida, California, and more is essential. An expert can provide quality services.
The detailed procedure of fitment requires the following steps.
- Consideration for protecting the dashboard and other parts of the car interior using a blanket.
- Removing the windshield wipers from the hood of the car
- Careful removal of the old windshield and disposing of them. It is a good idea to opt for a recycling program often offered by the windshield manufacturers.
- Get a new windshield that is compatible with the model and year of the car.
- Apply urethane primer to the windshield and window socket. Let it dry for some time.
- Use the primer gun to apply urethane through the frame of the car before letting it dry.
- Use the vacuum tools to hold and place the windshield to the window frame.
- Push it gently into place and wipe off the access urethane
- Once the installation is complete, ensure that you give it enough time to dry thoroughly before driving.
What can be expected from a mobile glass installation service?
1. Proper certification of the professionals
Before taking the vehicle to an auto glass repair shop, you must ask for the proper certification from the company. They must possess the AGRSS or Auto Glass Replacement Safety Standard certification accredited by the American National Standard Institute. The AGRSS certification helps in regulating the safety standards across many industries.
Although it is not necessary for the auto repair shops to comply with the standards and regularly undergo independent audits of their company, the certification only showcase that their repair follows the standards of the industry.
2. Do they accept insurance claims?
Most auto repair shops accept insurance claims. However, it is a good idea to ask them before giving your car for repair. Some auto repair shops also directly bill your insurance company for the cost of replacement if you are filing a claim. All you need to pay is the insurance deductible.
In some states, however, deductibles are not allowed or applied for glass repairs. For example, if your windshield only requires repair but no replacement, the insurance company may not apply the deductible. Make sure to ask your insurance company about the glass work repair costs in your state.
3. Ask about the OEM glass.
Last but never least, it is good to ask your repair shop if they use the OEM glass to replace your vehicle’s windshield. The OEM glass is the glass made by your car’s original manufacturer and is the best fit for your vehicle.
Aftermarket glass works just fine; however, it is not made by your car’s manufacturer. Therefore, it may not be the best fit for your vehicle and cause other problems for your vehicle.
Pay a visit to the repair shop
It is always a good idea to visit the repair shop before giving in your vehicle for repair. This way, you will be able to see the working conditions of the repair shop and what can be expected from them. There are chances that only by visiting the shop you will think twice about leaving your vehicle to the place. Make sure the shop is fully licensed and clean. It is best to know about the repair shop before leaving your vehicle in the place.