The activities of a general business license include the export, import or trade of goods such as clothes, household appliances, furniture, and electronic products. Those who want to do wholesale business must have a general business license.
Due to the favorable business environment and government support, many business people are preparing to start new business in Dubai. Dubai is able to start a new business because the demand for products is high, the business is easy and the market is close to emerging markets. It is one of the most popular places. However, to be aware of this fact, you must obtain a valid commercial license from the Department of Economic Development (DED). To get this license, you need to set up rules and procedures.
What is Dubai General Trading Permit?
A businessman who wants to start a business in Dubai must have a simple business license. If there are multiple business activities in one or several industries, a common business license integrates all of the industry activities. The activities of a general commercial license include the export, import or trade of goods such as clothes, household appliances, furniture, and electronic products. Those who want to do wholesale business must have a simple business license. One advantage of getting a general business license is that the company can trade within Dubai and other amateurs. It is important to pay attention to controlled products, such as alcohol, medicines and frozen substances, and therefore require special trade permits from each institution. The tremendous opportunities in the local and domestic and international markets have the advantage of allowing merchants to take advantage of all commercial possibilities.
Dubai offers entrepreneurs three main options for setting up business in the UAE. In other words, you can establish a company in major areas, free zones or offshore. The business operator must decide how to obtain a business license in Dubai. Offshore and free zones each have advantages and disadvantages.
How to Obtain a General Trading License in Dubai
- Choosing the right business name and legal structure for your company
- Define all business activities that will be included in your business license (up to 10 per license).
- Apply and submit initial approval
- If required, you will receive external approvals based on the type of business activity.
- Manage all documents approved by Memorandum of Association and relevant government agencies.
- Determine your business location and confirm your lease.
- Submit an application to DED to obtain a final license
- Make the necessary payment for your license, including issuing license fees.