If you want to sell your house in Baltimore without any agent commissions, there are two main options you can choose from. You can either work with a direct buyer such as Maryland Home Buyers who will buy your house outright, as-is. Or you could try to sell your house on your own using the for sale by owner method. Both of these can be viable options, however, you should know what you are getting into with each.
Selling your house without agent commissions can help you save thousands of dollars. Learn more about how easy it is to sell without a Baltimore real estate agent in our latest post!
Option #1: Find a Direct Buyer (Professional Buyer)
Working with a direct buyer is a great way to sell your house fast in Baltimore without paying any agent commissions. While not every direct buyer is the same, working with Maryland Home Buyers will help ensure you are receiving a fair price and a fast closing. We will buy your Baltimore area house as-is and close quickly if needed.
The Pros of Selling to a Direct Buyer:
1. No Commissions – With a direct sale of your house to Maryland Home Buyers, you won’t pay a dime in agent commissions or fees. We will handle everything, never charging you for anything.
2. No Repairs – When we buy your Baltimore house outright, we are buying it as-is. You won’t have to spend time or money fixing it up or getting it ready for local buyers. Some home sellers will spend thousands of dollars to improve their home for the MLS, without getting the sale price they need to justify the repair costs.
3. No Waiting – With a direct sale of your house to Maryland Home Buyers, you won’t have to wait around to get your cash. You’ll be able to get an offer and collect your proceeds all within a short time. The amount you will save on holding costs can more than make up any difference in the price you may see when using the MLS.
4. Peace of Mind – With a direct sale to Maryland Home Buyers, you can get the peace of mind you need knowing that your house has sold! There isn’t any waiting around for a buyer or feeling stuck with a house you don’t really want.
5. No Closing Costs – Not only will we close on your house quickly without any fees or commissions, but we will pay all the closing costs too. When you work with our team, what we offer is what you get – end of story.
The Cons of Selling To A Direct Buyer:
1. Possibly Less than what the MLS can Offer – In some cases, the amount we will offer will be less than what an agent will list your house for. Keep in mind that you may not be able to get your listing price when working with a Baltimore real estate agent. Plus, you will likely face a number of costs to achieve a successful sale.
Option #2: Sell the House on your Own (FSBO)
Many people try to sell a house on their own, believing that they don’t need the help of an agent. While this is true in some cases, selling your house on your own will likely net you less cash than working with an agent and will take up much more time than a direct sale. That said, selling your house with an FSBO listing in Baltimore will help you avoid agent commissions. Here are a few of the pros and cons:
The Pros of an FSBO Listing:
1. No Commissions – When you decide to sell on your own, you won’t have to pay thousands in commissions. That said, an FSBO listing won’t be advertised on the MLS, so you will need to find other ways to market your property.
The Cons of an FSBO Listing:
1. You Handle the Marketing – As mentioned above, you will need to handle all of the marketing for your property. This also means that you will need to screen calls, answer questions, and handle all of the duties an agent typically would handle.
2. The Property Showings – One of the many unpleasant tasks you will face is property showings. People will want to see the house and you will have to not only keep it clean but also be able to offer a tour, answering any questions about the property that your potential buyers have.
3. The Legalities – With an FSBO listing, you are responsible for all of the contracts and paperwork involved with the sale. Items will need to be filed appropriately in order for your sale to be valid.
If you are ready to sell your house fast in Baltimore, you don’t need an agent to help. You can sell the house on your own either directly to a local buyer or by using an FSBO listing. At Maryland Home Buyers, we are ready to buy your house outright, so you can quickly and easily be rid of your unwanted property.