Long Island City, also called LIC for short, is one of the fastest-growing neighborhoods in New York City.
Long Island City, also called LIC for short, is one of the fastest-growing neighborhoods in New York City. Long Island is also an excellent alternative for commuters because it is only a short drive away from major corporate areas. Thus, it is one of the reasons why people relocate to Long Island: they are close enough to all of the critical places while being far enough away from the clamor and bustle of the large metropolis.
The population has grown by over 50% since 2000, and it will continue its growth throughout the next decade when looking for a Long Island City rent-stabilized apartment a few things you need to consider.
Here are ten reasons why you should too!
1. Easy commute – Long Island City is just a few minutes away from Midtown Manhattan on the subway, and there are plenty of bus routes as well.
2. Plenty of things to do – Plenty of restaurants, bars, and shops in Long Island City, and the neighborhood is always alive with activity.
3. Beautiful views – With a waterfront location on the East River, Long Island City is a scenic neighborhood with plenty of things to see and do.
4. Local beer – LIC Beer Project is a local brewery that makes its home in LIC.
5. Museums galore – The Noguchi Museum, Sculpture Center, Socrates Sculpture Park, and MoMA PS1 are all within a few distances of each other.
6. Local food – Long Island City has an abundance of great restaurants for every taste, from casual cafes to high-end dining options.
7. Coffee culture – Long Island City is the perfect place to get coffee or grab brunch with friends.
8. Affordable housing – Long Island City is a great place to find an affordable home in a vibrant neighborhood with a wide range of housing options.
9. Green space – There are plenty of parks and open spaces in Long Island City, making it relaxed to get outside and enjoy the fresh air.
10. The borough of Queens – LIC is right across the river from Manhattan, making it easy to explore the city.
Long Island City rent stabilized apartments are an excellent choice if you're looking for an urban neighborhood with plenty of things to do. With easy access to Manhattan and plenty of great restaurants and parks, LIC has something for everyone. Start planning your move today!